Ok, so who doesn’t love a bit of chocolate every now and again? Follow this recipe for the most delicious dark chocolate trail mix bars! We guarantee you’ll be licking your lips while making these.Follow This Extra Life with Bloglovin
Trail Mix Bar Recipe
This delicious snack is based on a recipe from The Body Coach 90 Day Plan. This is my method for turning the trail mix into bite-sized chocolate bars.
- Electric Mixer OR Mixing Bowl
- Pot with Boiling Water & Bowl OR Microwave
- Kitchen Scales
- Chopping Board & Knife
- Tin with Liner
|Makes 12 portions|
|185 Calories Per Portion|
|– 11.7g Carbohydrate|
|– 12g Fat|
|– 5.4g Protein|
|– 70g Chopped Mixed Nuts|
|– 70g 100% Peanut Butter (Meridian)|
|– 140g Dried Fruit|
|– 60g Seeds|
|– 20g Chia Seeds|
|– 20g Flax Seeds|
|– 20g Poppy Seeds|
|– 120g Dark Chocolate (min 70% Cocoa Solids)|
|– 60g Tesco Classic Dark Chocolate 74% Cocoa|
|– 60g Tesco Intense Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa|
- If using whole nuts, these will need to be chopped or blended.
- Blend the dried mixed fruit separately
- Add the chopped nuts, seeds, blended fruit and peanut butter to a mixing bowl, then fold until the ingredients have mixed together.
- Melting the chocolate on the hob: I placed a pot of water with mixing bowl on top creating a Bain Marie. I broke up the chocolate into smaller pieces and slowly brought the pot to a boil. Stir the chocolate gently as it begins to melt.
- Melting the chocolate in a microwave: break the chocolate into smaller pieces and place into a microwavable bowl. Heat in small bursts of 15 – 30 seconds and stir in each interval to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add to the ingredients in the mixing bow and fold together.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, transfer the trail mix to a tin with a liner and smooth the mixture. Place in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to chill and set.
- When chilled, remove the trail mix from the fridge and cut into 12 equal pieces.