Who doesn’t love chilli? Seriously? Follow this delicious vegetarian-friendly mixed bean chilli recipe that will leave you wanting more!
Mixed Bean Chilli Recipe
Whether you’re a vegetarian, flexitarian or fully-fledged carnivore, you will absolutely adore this delicious mixed bean chilli recipe. This is one of my favourite recipes and a real family favourite. Make it as firey as you like to suit your taste buds!
- Chopping board
- Large pot with lid
- Large spoon
- Frying Pan
|Makes 2 Portions|
|515 Calories Per Portion|
|– 55.2g Carbohydrate|
|– 17.6g Fat|
|– 28.1g Protein|
|– 240g Red Kidney Beans (drained)|
|– 120g Chickpeas (drained)|
|– 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes|
|– 1 Large Red Onion (chopped)|
|– 1 Large White Onion (chopped)|
|– 1 Red Pepper (chopped)|
|– 1 Green Pepper (chopped)|
|– 2 Chillis (chopped)|
|– 4 Spring Onion (chopped)|
|– 5 Button Mushrooms (optional, I like mushrooms with nearly everything)|
|– 1 tsp Olive Oil|
|– 2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs|
|– 1 tbsp Paprika|
|– 1 tbsp Chilli Powder|
|– 1 tbsp Minced Garlic|
|– 2 tbsp Chipotle Chilli Sauce|
|– 2 tbsp Fruity Habanero Chilli Sauce|
|– 60g Mature Cheddar (grated)|
- Heat the frying pan on the hob, add the oil.
- When oil starts to smoke, add the onions, peppers, mushrooms, chillies and spring onions and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- When done, remove the pan from the heat and place the pot on top of the heated ring.
- Add the beans and chopped tomatoes and stir until steam starts to rise.
- Add in the fried onions, peppers, mushrooms, chillies and spring onions and mix thoroughly with the beans and tomatoes.
- Add in the minced garlic and mix through. Then add the herbs, paprika and chilli powder and give it a good stir.
- Finally, mix through the Chipotle and Habanero sauces and mix through. Cover the pot to simmer until cooked.
- Once cooked, serve in a bowl with the cheddar sprinkled over the top.